Nowadays, the pubic area of hair removal is increasingly being done for practical, hygienic and aesthetic reasons. Hair removal techniques such as shaving or resins can cause irritations such as bumps or ingrown hairs. With the LightSheer DUET diode laser system we use, we can remove the hairs permanently and painlessly. The treatments are carried out exclusively by specialized skin therapists. Good preparation is important in this treatment method. So note the following points:
Preparation for laser treatment:
- It is important to protect your skin from the sun 6 to 8 weeks before treatments, preferably with SPF 50, and no longer use the sunbed.
- Epilate or resin your hair no longer up to 6 weeks before treatment. With epilation or resins, remove the hair root and we will no longer be able to destroy it with the laser technique.
- You can shave. Make sure that you shave the hairs on the area to be treated 1 day before treatment, so that stubble are visible.
On the day of treatment:
- Make sure your skin is clean and fat-free on the day of treatment.
- Wear comfortable clothing. Depending on the parts of the pubic area you want to hair, you may or may not keep your underwear on.
- The first 24 hours after treatment it is important that the skin relaxs. Therefore, do not go swimming, in the sauna or in a hot bath or shower hot.
- Even after treatment, it is important to protect your skin from the sun with a sunblock (SPF 50) to prevent any pigment discolorations.
For more information about your pubic de-hairing, please visit the bikini line hair removal page or make an appointment directly with one of our skin therapists.